Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Steve taught me to be hungry and foolish.




My tribute to Steve Jobs on http://chrisbetcher.com/2011/10/steve/

Hi Chris.

Yes, Steve will be sorely missed.

      Image by Jonathan Mak , Hong Kong




I remember back in 1991 when my college's computer lab had the black and white Macs. I did my project in Hypercard and I loved the Macs over the archaic-looking-and-feeling IBM compatibles then. The only time I ever, and I mean EVER, fell off my chair onto the floor rolling on the ground laughing was when I played in the presence of two college friends, a Mac game. Something about moving my mouse pointer to grab points while being pursued by icons, and then trying to sneak back to the safe zone. And when you sneaked back into the safe portal, you couldn't touch the left and right side of the door, lest you get zapped with electricity. That monochrome game was the perfect balance between risk-taking and safety. That was my only personal experience with Apple products since I don't earn enough to own a Apple hardware product.



Steve, you told us to be hungry and stay foolish. I'm hungry and was foolish not to be foolish enough with my life. Thanks for infusing your creative and innovative spirit into the rest of mankind.

God bless.
Frankie Kam http://moodurian.blogspot.com


If you like this post or site
a small donation would be nice but would last only a day,
otherwise leaving a comment (or a compliment) below will last me a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain